Monday, December 21, 2009

Super Saturday - Brenda's Graduation/Mom's Birthday/Santa's Pancake Breakfast

Saturday, December 19th - A Day in the Life of Me

6 am - Alarm goes off, I really want to hit snooze, but I can't - Today is full of planning and celebration. Just because it's a bit slow on the wedding front, does not mean it's slow on the event planning side. I have Santa's Pancake Breakfast at the Addison Athletic Club (my other full time job as a Children's Recreation Coordinator), Brenda's Graduation in Denton at 1 PM, and her post-graduation party at The Colony at 6 PM. Oh, and also my Mom's birthday! Whew!
7:30 am - Arrive in Addison to start setting up for the Santa's Pancake Breakfast with all my wonderful co-workers. Last year 150 people attended, so there is lots of pancakes and sausage to be cooked.

Kids could write letters to Santa and place in the mailbox below. We also had The Grinch playing in the background and the kids loved to eat the pancakes and watch it. I think they like The Grinch more than they liked Santa!
We were running on a low budget, so the talented Keila created the Fireplace scene. She is awesome and can create backgrounds for any occasions!

10:30 am - Tear down and rush to get ready for the Graduation Ceremony at UNT. Of course, I was going the speed limit :)


1 PM - 3 PM - Graduation Ceremony is over and we are so PROUD of Brenda. She has really worked her tail off and I am so happy for her. It brought me back to my graduation and then made me feel old! ha


Chad, Brenda the Graduate, and Myself


The Family


4 PM - Set up the house for a Graduation Party for 25 of close family and friends. I went with On The Border as the Caterer because my sister is obsessed with Mexican food and they were offering a 10% catering special. She started eating hot sauce with she was 2 years old. M&M Rentals provided the linens, table and chairs for the party. I highly recommend them. They have great customer service! Ask for Angela, she is a sweetheart!
As the centerpieces, I went to Hobby Lobby and purchased fake flowers (I know, but I am on a budget here... Hello? Christmas is in the same month!) They were having a 50% off sale on flowers and picture frames. ROCK ON!

To add a personal touch, I framed pictures from Brenda's life that helped mold her into the beautiful person she is today: Driven, Creative, and above all a great person: Her dancing classes, her first car, prom pictures and even some pictures with some relatives that could not make it because they passed on.

Guests had fun going from one table to another recalling Brenda's memories.
Lots of laughs and tears!

6 PM - Guests arrive promptly and ready to celebrate Brenda's Graduation, Mom's Birthday, and mainly The Dallas Cowboy game!

The Ladies
Cha - Ching - The joys of Graduation
Eating the Yummy Food


Happy Birthday Mom!


Anita, Mom, and Judy


10:30 PM - Cowboys win! Great for them, and great for the party. We had two tv's playing. It was funny because Brenda and Mom were opening gifts and people were celebrating the Cowboy game and then later saying they were cheering for Brenda and Mom - Yeah Right! ha




10:35 PM - Broke out the Nintendo Wii and we had a bowling tournament. This game is fun for everyone no matter your age!


1 AM - After cleaning the house, I finally got to bed and counted my blessings. I have a wonderful life and I love bringing joy to people's lives and their celebrations. I was happy to bring all my family and friends together to celebrate accomplishments. It's definitely a night I will cherish. Congrats to Brenda and Happy Birthday Mom!
Fret Knot and Be Happy,
Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment