Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Dynamic Duo: My photo shoot with Melissa and Sylvia

If you know me, you know that I am not the absolute best at makeup and hair. I am not horrible, but I tend to look like the girl next door never really getting too glammed up. When I decided it was time to take some shots for my profile on my website, the talented Melissa Baker with Makeup by Mel and creative Sylvia Meir with La Reina Creates Photography stood up to the challenge. They are also new business owners trying to build up their business and they are very passionate about what they do (and it shows).

I am stepping out on a limb and showing you all what I look like without makeup! YIKES! This is great because they can do the same for you and your event. When you look good, you feel good and it shows through your photos. So here goes:

The Before and After Shots with Makeup By Mel
I told her that I had small eyes and I wanted them to "POP"
Mission Accomplished!





The Final Products Below
Photo by La Reina Creates
Makeup by Makeup By Mel
Accesories by Sarah Baker

My Favorite Photo



In deep thought...

I look like a realtor in this picture! Let me sell your event.



Just Dance! Because if your guests aren't dancing then you event is not kicking!

Sylvia MADE me take this picture by the Burleson wall.

Did not really want people to see this, but its important as a person to never forget where you are from because ultimately it has made you the person you are today. (cheesy, I know) Burleson can't be that bad, right? Hello, Kelly Clarkson! ha

Okay, enough of me, because I am sick of looking at myself that many times so I can't imagine what you are thinking.

Melissa and Sylvia took great care of me. I showed up with a few outfits and they had accessories available for me to pick from because Sarah Baker, Melissa's sister, sells jewelry through Premier Designs. They gave me direction, yet let me have some say so. I stepped out of my comfort zone and let them do what they are great at. Ultimately it was fun and I am very happy with the outcome. You should check them out for your event.

Great Christmas gift to give your friends or family members!!!

The Miracle Workers
Makeup By Mel
La Reina Creates

Tell them Fret Knot Events sent you!

Michelle Holland

3 comments:

  1. I did not make you! ha! Thank you for the shout outs! I had a blast working with you, even if we kinda, but not really got run over by a train!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michelle, thank you for the endorsement! It means a lot coming from you. You were a fantastic model and I enjoyed glamming you up! I love that we are all young business owners with big goals and plenty of talent to share! I look forward to watching your business grow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. do you do quinceanos? what is your fee?

    ReplyDelete