Friday, December 11, 2009

DIY Kids Christmas Party - Polar Express Pajama Party

It's that time of year to spread the Christmas cheer. For me, Christmas always reminds me of my childhood and it throws me back into my reading class when the librarian would always read The Polar Express. Every year, I hoped that I would get the bell, but unfortunately I never did! ha

If you are looking for a fun and easy way to keep your kids and their friends entertained then The Polar Express Pajama Party is the way to go! I had 21 kids entertained for 3 hours. Don't let me lie here - I never sat down and was constantly going until I was told it was the end of the party. I heard rave reviews about how much fun the kids had and how they want to do it again and that is what it is all about - Having fun! Read below to find out how you can throw your own

1. First go to this link to download the complete party kit. This includes coloring pages, wordsearch, recipes, train tickets, etc. Wonderful resource.

2. Set up the room to look like a train in a few rows. I bought a train whistle to sound like the train was boarding. The kids loved this. It was also my way to have them listen when they needed to be quiet.

3. Set up different stations - Letters to Santa, Arts and Crafts, Cookie decorating, coloring, etc.

4. Wear your pjs and encourage everyone attending to wear them too. Read the book to the kids and ask them questions throughout.

5. Rent the movie as well, but be careful, sometimes the kids get scared on some moments.

6. Station Time!

7. Serve hot cocoa

8. Have a snowball fight with marshmallows! They love this and it does not hurt! They can also play The Conductor says instead of Simon Says.

9. Give them bells at the end of the party simliar to the bell that the boy gets in the book. They love them.

10. Have fun! You are not having fun then why should the kids?

See some photos from the event. Raw images.

All Aboard The Polar Express!
We gave them yellow tickets and hole punched them like Tom Hanks did in the movie. They loved that!
Group Shoot of The Polar Express Pajama Group

Cookie Decorating Station

Letters to Santa Station

Arts and Crafts for the young kids
Oriental Trading


Rudolf The Red Nose Reindeer
(How to's in the Party Kit mentioned above)



No comments:

Post a Comment