Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Centerpieces that Rock

Thank you to Nannette for inviting me to "Dinner with Friends" last night. The event theme was "Picture Perfect" and about dealing with unexpected situations that may come up in life. All the hosts sponsored their own table and invited friends who made a difference in their life that year. In addition, the host also pampers and treats their girlfriends to a nice evening filled with great food and conversation topics to get the night started. Nannette is a English teacher who is passionate about books. I loved her table's theme, "A Novel Idea". I wanted to share some of the awesome and creative centerpieces that I ran across at the event. Very simple, very creative and it was so great to see how creative everyone is.

P.S. I apologize for the fuzzy picture quality. I took them with my iPhone which has no flash. Thanks Apple!

The Table Setting created for "A Novel Idea"
She took a "Fairy Tale and Once Upon a Time" Scrapbook page and laminated it.
The napkin rings were made with small book covers that she printed from her computer.
This one has Harry Potter on it -one of her favorite books.

"A Novel Idea" Centerpiece by Nannette
She included all of her favorite books and let us pick one to take home.
Very nice gift - I took home The Kite Runner
Join the Movement
Honoring the hostess's friend who had been diagnosed with MS.


The Mardi Gras Celebration Table


Lime and Green look clean to me!
I love Lime and Black together. Very classy and sharp.


Autumn Themed Table

When Life hands you Lemons...


Thanks again to Nannette for inviting me to a wonderful event that got me really excited about having great people in your life and made me realize no one has a "picture perfect" life. There are going to be challenges and ups and downs. That is why you must celebrate and surround yourself with great people. Most importantly, you must let your supporters know how much you appreciate them. That is why we must continue to have "Dinner with Friends (and Family for that matter)".
I am considering hosting a table next year to show my appreciation to those who have helped me through those "not-so-perfect" times. You know who you are :)
Thanks to all for your continued support!
Fret Knot and Be Happy

No comments:

Post a Comment