Friday, August 28, 2009

Taking The Plunge

I am excited to be an official "blogger". Mainly, because I love to write and share my crazy thoughts with others.

Another reason I am excited is because I am starting a new and exciting (somewhat risky...) chapter in my life. All my life, I have followed the rules - graduate high school, graduate college, get a full time job with benefits while playing it safe (and I still do to some point mainly because the economy is in the tank). Everything was going great, but what happens when your itching to start and create something new with your vision and goals? I would say - ACT ON IT! It was very odd, but it came into my life and I am running full force with it!


I have always had a talent for attracting people and having them all gather in one place for one main goal - to have fun! I took a personality test and the results stated my strongest trait is being a catalyst. See definition below:

cat·a·lyst
Pronunciation: \ˈka-tə-ləst\
Function: noun


1 : an agent that provokes or speeds significant change or action; brings people together for a certain purpose


Thinking back, I did throw some of the best parties in college and high school (I know that is bad! lol), but I always had a theme or added some sort of flair to the event. Hence, my current career as a Special Event Coordinator for a City. Every day is different and everyday brings new challenges. I feel that now is the time for me to "take the plunge" and try something a little different. Every wedding is different and that is excites me because sometimes I can get bored easily. That is why I am launching my new event planning business named Fret Knot Weddings and Events. I need your support to help my business grow!


I am more than your planner, I become your friend and one thing I forgot to mention - my personality test stated my weakness is guilt. That means if your event is not 100% to your expectations I feel GUILTY and I literally can't sleep! So, take advantage of that weakness! :)

I was lucky enough to run into Kelly Simants, Owner of Sweet Pea Events. She held a Sweet Success Workshop for aspiring wedding planners. She was a wealth of information and a lifelong mentor. I wish more people were as gracious and willing to share their talents and experience. I think the more that we share and help each other the better we can become as an industry!

Here are some pictures below! Check them out.
Thank you to Catie Ronquillo for taking the photos below!



Pictured from left to right are: Kelly Simants (Sweet Pea Events), Evie Howard, Stephanie Midkiff (Kelly and Lime), myself (Fret Knot Events), and Stephanie Torres (Stephanie Michele Events).

The seating place cards created by The Event Messenger

Kelly Simants, Owner of Sweet Pea Events, gets the inspiration started.

More creative and impressive invitations from The Event Messenger. I loved the color scheme! Very bright and grabs attention in a sea of bills and junk mail that we all get! It's nice to get something fun in the mail from time-to-time!

Everyone who participated had their own talents and creativity and I see many brainstorming sessions in the future. I am excited to enter the wedding industry!


Thank you all for following my blog so far and supporting me in this new venture.


Tell next time, Happy Planning! Leave me a comment on some of your best and worst event planning experiences. I would love to hear about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment